Section 1. Parties to the Contract
The parties to this contract are
PO Box 190
Littleton, NC 27850-0190
(hereafter referred to as "Seller")
(hereafter referred to as "Buyer").
Section 2. Consideration
In exchange for the amount of $2,500, the Seller sells to the Buyer co-ownership of the dog:
Breed: Norwich Terrier
AKC Registration Number:
Date Of Birth:
(hereafter referred to as the "Dog")
The Dog has been registered with the American Kennel Club (AKC), with a limited AKC registration.
The Dog has been registered with AKC Reunite.
The Seller intends to put the amount of sale into an account (hereafter referred to as the "Account").
Section 3. Stipulations
This sale is subject to the following stipulations:
1. At any time, the Buyer can return the Dog to the Seller in exchange for the balance of the Account.
2. The Dog will live with the Buyer who will pay all expenses related to the care of the Dog.
3. The Buyer may not sell, transfer, or give away the Dog. If the Buyer violates this provision, the Seller has the right to buy back the Dog for the balance of the Account.
4. The Dog may not be bred without the permission of the Seller. If the Buyer violates this provision, the Seller has the right to buy back the Dog for the balance of the Account.
5. Upon presentation by the Buyer of receipts for veterinary services related to care of any hereditary problems related to hips, eyes, patellas, breathing, epilepsy, or liver the Seller will reimburse the Buyer for the amount of the receipts up to the balance of the Account. The Seller reserves the right to have the receipts and Dog examined by a veterinarian of the Seller's choosing in order to validate the receipts. The decision of the Seller's veterinarian shall be final.
6. The Buyer agrees to have annual dental exams including dental x-rays done on the Dog.
7. The Buyer agrees not to spay or neuter the Dog before the Dog is one year old.
8. The Buyer agrees to register the Dog with the AKC Reunite service, listing both Buyer and Seller's emergency phone numbers.
9. The Buyer agrees to put a CHIC number on the Dog before the Dog is three years old. The Seller will pay the Buyer $300 when the CHIC number is awarded.
10. The Buyer agrees to donate a blood DNA sample of the Dog before the Dog is three years old to the CHIC DNA Repository. The Seller will pay the Buyer $75 when the CHIC DNA number is assigned.
11. Once the Dog's permanent teeth come in but before the Dog is one year old, the Buyer agrees to provide the Seller with a completed OFA Application for Dentition Database form.
12. The Buyer agrees to have a bile-acid test performed on the Dog sometime after the Dog is six months old but before the Dog is one year old. The Seller will pay the Buyer $75 for a copy of the bile-acid report.
13. The Seller will pay the Buyer $100 for the first AKC title that the Buyer puts on the Dog.
14. The Buyer will keep the Seller regularly informed (at least once a year) about how the Dog is doing. The Buyer will keep the Seller informed of all serious health issues concerning the Dog.
15. Upon the death of the Dog, the Buyer agrees to have an autopsy done to determine the cause of death. The Seller will pay the Buyer $100 for a copy of the autopsy report.
16. Both the Seller and the Buyer agree to keep each other informed of their current addresses.
Section 4. Warranties
The Seller warrants that the Dog at the time of sale is in good health. A copy of the Dog's health records (including shot records) and four-generation pedigree has been delivered to the Buyer prior to this sale.
Section 5. Signatures
Seller - Blair Kelly, Date
Buyer - [Name], Date